Zucchini Noodle Lasagna
I will admit. I was a little skeptical about this Zucchini Noodle Lasagna recipe from FIXATE. The zucchini noodles actually turned out delicious! Regular pasta lasagna noodles are good too but unfortunately they don’t have any nutritional value since they’re made from regular white flour. So not only are you cutting out a carbohydrate serving, but you are cutting out a carbohydrate serving that doesn’t have any nutritional value. Great news!
It only took about 15 minutes to prep the lasagna before sticking it in the oven and allowing to bake. I thought that was pretty quick for a good hearty meal with six servings. Quick Tip: Having a mandoline slicer helps cut the zucchini noodles easily. Here is the mandoline slicer I personally own and use! I hope you enjoy the recipe.
Zucchini Noodle Lasagna Recipe (from FIXATE)
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 5 cups peeled, .-inch cubed eggplant (approx. 1 large eggplant)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Two large zucchini, ends removed, cut lengthwise in 1⁄8-inch strips
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese, divided use
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Grease bottom of an 8 x 8-inch casserole dish with 1 tsp. oil. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add eggplant. Season with salt and tsp. pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until eggplant has begun to brown.
- Add marinara; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until eggplant has begun to soften slightly. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Place 5 or 6 zucchini slices, overlapping slightly, into bottom of casserole dish. Top evenly with 1 cup ricotta cheese, 1 dash salt, and 1 1/2 cups eggplant mixture. Top with a second layer of zucchini slices (running crosswise, in the opposite direction of the first layer), then remaining 1 cup ricotta, remaining dash salt, and 1 1/2 cups eggplant mixture.
- Add a third layer of zucchini. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, turning once halfway through, or until lasagna is bubbling and mozzarella cheese is golden brown.
- Allow to cool and set for 10 to 12 minutes. Cut into 6 pieces and enjoy!
Fix Nutrition Container Count Per Serving:
2 green, 1/2 red, 1/2 blue, 3 teaspoons
For more help with clean eating and portion control, apply below to join my next monthly challenge group that focuses on eating healthy, exercising consistently, and staying accountable!